How to accept payments on your Zen Store
Zen Cart supports a wide number of merchant payment gateways including WorldPay, NoChex, HSBC and SecureTrading. However two other key gateways that we highly recommend are PayPal and Sage Pay Go.
Sage Pay - The UK’s largest independent Internet Payment Service Provider.
- A subsidiary of Sage Group Plc.
- Approved with all the major acquiring banks.
- Level 1 compliant under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- All in one online payment package (Including Merchant Services)
Sage Pay provides a range of services allowing you to process secure credit and debit card payments online, over the telephone or via mail order.
- Zen Cart Ecommerce Website
- Mail Order/Telephone Order
- Sage 50/200
About Sage Pay - Watch the video!
Zen Cart and Sage Pay - Ideal for bank integration service (small-medium-large)
Sage Pay Key Process
Your customer selects the product they wish to purchase and adds to their shopping cart.
During the checkout process they enter their shipping (delivery) and payment (Debit/Credit Card) details
The customer'd payment (debit/credit) details are SECURELY transfered to SAGEPAY and onto your merchant bank
The merchant bank sends the payment details to the customer's card issuer, who authorises or declines the transaction
The merchant bank then sends the transaction results back to SAGEPAY
SagePay sends the authorisation results to your website (the customer who is placing the order).
The process is ALL completed within 2-3 seconds and your order is received. NOW THAT IS FAST AND EASY!
Sage Pay Go (also know as 'Sage' and 'Protx') provides payment solutions for e-commerce solutions such as Zen Cart, mail order, call centers micro-payments, e-wallets and customised payment systems. Sage Payare also able to offer a virtual terminal that can substitute for a traditional electronic swipe terminal in the event that the swipe terminal fails. All of the Sage Pay Go payment solutions can process credit and debit card payments in real-time or batch and offer merchants the most competitive processing rate in the UK. If you need help setting up Zen then feel free to email a member of our zen support team
Is Sage Pay PCI Compliant?
Sage pay is audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. They are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Accepted Merchant Banks
As of Jan 2010, the merchant accounts supported by Sage Pay Go include those provided by the following companies:
To start taking payments on your Zen Cart web site using Sage Pay you need to take the following steps:
- Set up your Zen store by installing the Sage Pay module for Zen Cart (email a member of our zen support team)
- Obtain an internet merchant account from your bank (e.g. Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC) so that they can process your payments. Please see MerchantBanks for details of the banks that Sage Pay work with and their contact details. Simply ask your chosen bank for an "Internet Merchant ID/Number"
Note: Some banks will try and get you to sign up for their own solution; for example Barclays will tell you about the ePDQ which is not currently supported by Zen Cart.
- Next, select which SagePay payment system is most suitable for your needs: VSP Form = A customer will be taken to the Sage Pay site for payment Vs the, Sage Pay VSP Direct which will keep the customer within your Zen cart process.
- Apply to use Sage Pay services through our online application form below:
If you are processing less than 1,000 transactions per quarter you will be allocated to Sage Pay's Small Business Service where you will be charged a £20 flat fee per month with no additional transaction charges.
If you process 1,000 transactions or more, you will be allocated to Sage Pay's Corporate Payment Service where you will be charged 10 pence per transaction with no additional charges.
There are no set up fees, no annual fees and no extra charges for features such as multi currency or AVS and CV2 fraud screening.
How we can help
Once you have signed up for your new SAGEPAY account, we can install the latest SAGE PAY module onto your eCommerce Zen Cart website which will interact with your new SAGEPAY account.
There are two main options available
- Sage Pay Direct - During the standard Zen Cart checkout process your customers will be able to enter their Debit/Credit card details on YOUR WEBSITE which is a BIG PLUS as it means less process steps during the checkout process. In the background the installed module will talk with SagePay to ensure the details entered are correct. The advantage with using 'Direct' is that your customers will not be sent off to a 3rd party website which means LESS steps during the checkout.
- Sage Pay FORM - During the standard Zen Cart checkout process your customers will be sent off to SAGEPAY's payment secure servers, asked to enter their Debit/Credit card information and once processed, returned back to your website. This means the payment is taken on the SagePay servers but does add additional process checkout steps. (For this reason we recommend using Direct)
Note: SAGEPAY allows you to use either option, so it is really up to you which you prefer.